Saturday, November 5, 2011

Aussie Greatness




So about three weeks ago I was surfing through some of the pages I like on Facebook, and I came across Todd Sucherman's (the band, Styx's Drummer) page and was presented with this awesome video by a band called "Gotye". After I clicked on the video I was transfixed by what I heard and made it a mission of mine, to find these guys latest album "Making Mirrors."

Once I got my hands on the amazing album via iTunes, I could not stop listening to it. I literally found myself playing the track "Somebody That I Use to Know" for a week entirely. Once I got my brain off "song repeat" mode and listened to the rest of the album, I found myself drawn into an eclectic kaleidoscope of  musical influences that makes Gotye a diverse and creative group. The group goes from poppy cool Ausi chart toppers, to killer R&B soul jams that would make the Godfather of Soul yell "GET BACK!"

So here is the track the got me obsessed with one Australia's most artistic groups. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce you to Gotye...


No comments:

Post a Comment