Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Eisley's number 4

Well, what do you know. There is another band that is comprised of siblings and a cousin that isn't "The Kings of Leon." Are you kidding me?!...

...Well believe it or not there is, and that is exactly what the Tyler, Texas band Eisley is through and through.

Eisley became a reality in 1997. Over the course of the 14 years the band has managed to produce 4 studio albums, bringing their alt-folk-indie sound to the masses. For me, one of the coolest projects that turned me onto this little obscure masterpiece was the bands 2007 CD, LP "Combinations". The minute I got my hands on that album I found myself lost in a really creative world that embodies Celtic vocal howls with some killer guitar riffs and fun drum grooves. For me the best track on "Combinations" is "Invasion". That is the song that sold me on Eisley's unique style, so when I heard that there was a new album that hit this year, I was ready to explode.


"The Valley" is another interesting interpretation of the bands very stylized musical approach. It maintains the very deep and personal lyrics that grab the bands listeners into a place of self identification/expression. The band continues to grow in their creative approach of writing, and intertwines fun grooves with some hard hitting content. Eisley is a great find, and if you haven't heard of them take a minute and enjoy. The band finished their "Valley Scapes Tour" this past September. The more you support, the grater the chance Eisley may pop up in your home town. For more information on this 5 piece ensemble, visist www.eisley.com.  



No comments:

Post a Comment