Sunday, December 18, 2011

Classical Take on Some Modern Works.

So, the other day I was looking at my News Feed on Facebook, when I came across an interesting post displaying a parody of "Star Wars" theme music. Being the nerd that I am...

...I clicked on the video link and found myself transported to a place that I never in my wildest imagination thought I would see myself in.
The video was aptly titles "Cello Wars", and really showed some amazing musical creativity. The video displayed some cool production effects of this guy jamming on a cello playing a killer list of all the "Star Wars" themes backed by some cool techno loops. My eyes were transfixed on this little production and I became obsessed with learning more about this Classical Duo.
To my surprise, I was presented with the name ThePianoGuys, and was even more delighted to know that there were more modern interpretations of contemporary pop music done with a classical twist. This phenomenal duo is comprised of classical piano master Jon Schmidt, and a rocking Cellist, Steven Sharp Nelson. These two genius's approach to classical music with an edge is really worth taking a look at. As I continued to search for more information and videos on ThePianoGuys, I was presented with a killer modern interpretation of Mozart’s "Moonlight Sonata". The moment I heard, and saw this brilliant classical masterpiece revamped to a killer dubstep groove with a pianos and a "FREAKING CELLO", I lost it! I had to pick my jaw off the grown due to the incredible skill and sound that I was hearing.  It is in my opinion one of coolest things that I have discovered this year, and a great way to bring 2011 to a close.
ThePianoGuys have some singles available for download on iTunes and are in the process of completing their first LB displaying their mastery of classical music with a modern sound. If you find yourself as a excited as I was after watching this video, be sure to log onto http://www.thepianoguys.com/ to show your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment